6 Stage Non-Pumped Reverse Osmosis System 50/75/100 GPD With Storage Tank
6 Stage Non-Pumped
Reverse Osmosis System 50/75/100 GPD With Storage Tank
The Pentair TLC-Range RO Membrane
Highest quality RO Membrane - why buy cheap when you can have the best?
Reverse osmosis is a method of purifying water by pushing it through a semi-permeable membrane, the membrane allows pure water molecules through it, whilst impurities are flushed away. By using reverse osmosis, it is possible to remove all suspended solids, up to 98% of dissolved solids and virtually all bacteria, pesticides and viruses. Reverse osmosis has many benefits.
Improves the taste, odour and appearance of your water
No more lime scale in your kettle or coffee machine
Improves the taste and texture of vegetables, soup and sauces
Unlimited supply of pure water
At the heart of any reverse osmosis system is the membrane, water is forced under pressure through the membrane to a storage tank and the waste by product goes to drain. In addition to the membrane reverse osmosis unit also incorporates pre-filters and post filters. Because filtered RO water is produced very slowly it is necessary to store the treated water in a small pressurised tank which is linked to separate drinking water faucet (Tap) to supply filtered RO water as and when it is required.
Reverse osmosis systems are compact enough to be installed under most kitchen sinks. However, the units do require a minimum water pressure of 2.7 bar/40psi - so it is essential you have your home's water pressure assessed before purchasing the unit. Small pumps, especially designed with reverse osmosis systems in mind, are available if your water pressure requires boosting.
This full-size system has superior pre-filtration due to its large 10 inch filters and includes a membrane flush system which reduces membrane fouling thereby extending life.
This RO system will remove up to 99% of tap water contaminants.
All you need to install including, Faucet tap, hose, fittings, wrench, 4 GAL tank
Reverse Osmosis Process
• Stage 1 5-micron polypropylene sediment pre-filter to extract suspended materials such as sediment, rust, insects, and other particles down to 5 micron. (Replace every 6 months)
• Stage 2 Granular Activated Carbon (GAC). Reduces Chlorine herbicides, pesticides, volatile organic chemicals (Replace every 6 months)
• Stage 3 Activated Carbon Block. The carbon block prepares water to enter the reverse osmosis membrane. (Replace every 6 months)
• Stage 4 with a rejection rate (up to 98%) TFC (Thin-Film composite) The highest quality membrane will reject a wide range of total dissolved solids (TDS). (Replace approx. every 18-24 months subject to use)
• Stage 5 Inline coconut GAC filter to remove dissolved gases, bad taste and odour from product water. This is the final polishing stage before consumption.
Typical removal rates (%)
Sodium (99%), Calcium (99%), Magnesium (99%), Potassium (98%), Iron (99%), Manganese (99%), Aluminium (99%), Ammonium (97%), Copper (99%), Nickel (99%), Zinc (99%), Cadmium (99%), Silver (98%), Mercury (98%), Barium (99%), Chromium (99%), Lead (99%), Chloride (99%), Bicarbonate (98%), Nitrate (97%), Fluoride (98%), Silicate (98%), Phosphate (99%), Chromate (99%), Cyanide (95%), Sulphate (99%), Bromide (98%), Arsenic (99%), Selenium (99%), Bacteria (99%), Protozoa (99%), Amoebic Cysts (99%), Giardia (99%), Asbestos (99%), Oestrogen (99%), Sediment / Turbidity (99%)
After stage 5 additional post filters can be added for your specific requirements.
Whilst it makes pure water removing all the bad stuff Reverse Osmosis also makes the water slightly acidic and removes the essential minerals from the water our bodies need so we always recommend you add an Alkaline filter to the system to raise the PH balance and replace the essential minerals.
• Stage 6 Alkaline Filter to balance and maintain the pH level, removes Impurities, Hydrates your body faster. New alkalizing-mineralizing in-line cartridge enriches water with elements which were removed during reverse osmosis process. Therefore, the consumption of water filtered supplies the organism with large amount of calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, selenium and other microelements essential for proper organism functioning.
The cartridge also contains bio ceramic media which alkalizes water, lowers ORP level down to -100 mV and increases the pH Alkaline water is a perfect radical scavenger, which are responsible for faster aging and have a great influence on cancer development. The cartridge fits most under sink and RO systems commercially available. (Replace every 12 months)
Important information to consider prior to ordering.
Our Reverse Osmosis Systems are shipped fully assembled complete with comprehensive instruction manual for easy DIY installation with no particular plumbing experience required.
The effectiveness and productivity of RO systems increases with greater water pressure and temperature. The actual flow rate (in GPD) of any reverse osmosis system depends on your source water pressure and temperature.
While manufacturers state that 60 psi is required at the membrane for full production, we know that not everyone's cold water is at 60 psi and 77 degrees F therefore, we remind you that you might get less than the stated GPD from your membrane, perhaps 50% or even less if your pressure and temperature are very low!
If flow rate is critical for you, you need to consider all these factors.